.In 1956 Julesburg Members of the Chappell Mennonite Church decided they would like to form a church body of believers in Julesburg, Colorado. They began to have evening services in what was known as "Julesburg Cottage" which was located just north of the present location. In 1957 a lot was purchased which is the current location of the Church, for the purpose of building a meeting house for Sunday School and Worship Services. Services were held at the cottage until the building was constructed. In September 1957 the members of the group sent two letters to the Iowa Nebraska Mennonite Conference, requesting the forming of a Mennonite Congregation in Julesburg, Colorado. The request was granted and a new congregation was formed and organized. In 1966 the need for more space was evident and so the congregation voted to build an addition onto the south end of the existing building. In 1988 with growing church body the congregation voted to add on to the north of the existing building and do updates on the existing building. The project was completed and the first service conducted in the new sanctuary was held on Christmas morning in 1988. In April of 2021 after much prayer and discernment the congregation voted to leave Central Plains Mennonite Conference and Mennonite USA. On June 9, 2021 the congregation voted to change the name of the Julesburg Mennonite Church to The Well Of Hope.